This private peninsula is surrounded by miles of Crown land that extend north to Babine Lake area. An existing homestead exists with potential useable services. Enjoy this 31-acre private paradise as your estate or investment property.
Conrad Lake is a about 150 acres in size with limited public access, that is interconnected with Old Woman and Broman Lakes. This makes for a private and successful fishing, hunting and recreation property. Surrounded by Crown land and access to miles upon miles of trails, you can't go wrong here.
This secluded and private 31-acre peninsula has a power service, septic and a well that may be useable. It is just an easy 1.25 km drive to Highway 16. The H1 zoning permits subdivision into 5-acre lots, or make this your private estate with long term holding potential.
DL 3533 Milligan Road - Burns Lake Rural West
From Burns Lake drive 30 km west or from Houston drive 45 km east, turn north onto Milligan Road (west entrance). From Milligan Road and Highway 16 drive 675 m east, turn left and follow the road for 570 m across the bridge and to the property.
The Lakes District of Northern BC embraces over 300 wilderness fishing lakes and 3,000 miles of pristine lake shoreline. This district extends from the Stikine Mountains in the west to the Omineca Mountain Range in the east. Bordered by Ootsa Lake in the south, the Lakes District extends north to Babine Lake. The Nechako Reservoir, sometimes called the Ootsa Lake Reservoir, was one of the largest reservoirs built in Canada. Ootsa Lake is the largest of the original lakes.
The closest small communities to Conrad is Topley and Decker Lake, each providing minimal services. Burns Lake (pop 2,800) is the largest nearby town, 31 kilometres southeast of the property. This town serves the surrounding 8,000 residents of the Regional District of Bulkley Nechako and is a hub for the local logging, saw-milling, mining and tourist industries. It also serves as the main commercial centre for the surrounding areas. Burns Lake has extensive health support with a recently constructed hospital.
The average winter snowfall is approximately 190 cm. In June 1982, Burns Lake recorded 376.5 hours of sunshine. This sunshine is highest ever recorded in British Columbia during June. The warmest month is July, with an average high of 21°C. The coldest month is January with an average low of -15.3°C.
Major commercial airlines fly into Smithers Airport, which is 143 km west of Burns Lake, as well as Prince George International Airport, 237 km east of Burns Lake. Via Rail Canada passes through Burns Lake, and a free ferry frequently operates across Francois Lake.
The property is primarily covered in spruce and some poplar. There is a 6-acre field that had hay cut from in the past, and makes for a good pasture.
The entire area known as the Lakes District is famous for its excellent fishing and game. Several resorts throughout this area offer boating, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, camping, cross-country skiing and many other activities. This area is well known for its hunting and wildlife watching opportunities. Black, cinnamon and grizzly bears, deer, moose, wolves, coyotes and eagles can often be sighted.
Nearby Francois Lake is approx. 110 km (68 miles) long, making it the second-largest natural lake in British Columbia. It offers excellent rainbow trout and char fishing. Rainbow trout up to 5 and 6 pounds and lake trout (char) to 15 pounds are not uncommon. The entire area known as the Lakes District is famous for its excellent fishing and game. Several resorts throughout this area offer boating, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, camping, cross-country skiing and many other activities.
Ootsa Lake is a human-made lake created by the flooding of the Ootsa Lake region in the 1950s. It is a beautiful large lake that offers some of the best boating in the province of BC. This vast reservoir links together many lakes, including Tahtsa, Whitesail and Natalkuz, popular destinations for anglers from all over the world. These waters can yield spectacular results for large rainbow and giant lake char. Reportedly, rainbow trout up to 15 pounds have been caught in Ootsa Lake. These lakes attract wildlife of many species and provide excellent opportunities for hunting and wildlife photography.
Ootsa Lake forms the northern border of North Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, one of the most scenic provincial parks in the province, is also the largest provincial park in BC. Tweedsmuir Provincial Park appeals primarily to outdoor recreationists interested in boating, angling, camping, hiking or hunting in one of North America’s most magnificent wilderness areas. Outdoor recreation opportunities are almost unlimited. The park is only accessible by air, water, foot or horseback and provides conservation for vegetation, wildlife and wilderness. Parts of the park are open to hunting in the fall.
Burns Lake’s and the Francois Lake area’s first inhabitants were the Carrier First Nations communities that spanned much of the Lakes District and beyond. Burns itself began as a small rest stop for travellers on their way to the Yukon Gold Rush. Many of these travellers saw an opportunity in the productive forestry, fur, and mining opportunities in Burns Lake and the surrounding area.
Burns Lake acquired its name after Michael Byrnes, who was an explorer for the Collins Overland Telegraph. Byrnes passed Burns Lake in about 1866 while surveying a route from Fort Fraser to Hagwilget. Research suggests that Byrnes was also a miner during the Cariboo Gold Rush and had staked a claim on William’s Creek earlier in 1861. On an 1866 trail map of the area, the name 'Byrnes' Lake appears. After 1876 the charts renamed it Burns Lake.
Bob Gerow, one of the principal founders of Burns Lake, in partnership with Jack Seely and Howard Laidlaw created Burns Lake Trading Company. Together, they built a store/hotel and sawmill on Gerow Island (a small island on Burns Lake), which become the hub of trade for the surrounding area. The Island connected with a bridge to the mainland, and the Village incorporated on December 6, 1923. The town continued to grow throughout the 20th century. Its current industries have become forestry and tourism, though many workers commute to jobs in the mining industry.
Several historic buildings still stand, including The Old Hospital. It was built in 1933 by the Women's Missionary Society of the United Church of Canada. Once the most significant and beautiful public buildings between Prince George and Prince Rupert, it was famous for its elegant gardens. Later is was occupied by a senior citizen apartment complex, then declared a heritage building in 1982 and redeveloped as an office building by its owner, the Burns Lake Native Development Corporation.
54°25'5.64"N and 126° 5'15.54"W
H1 zoning permits subdivision into 5-acre lots.
Existing well, septic and power connections on site with no knowledge of their condition or possible use.
DISTRICT LOT 3533 RANGE 5 COAST DISTRICT
Our property descriptions and geographical information are taken from the BC Assessment Authority, Land Titles Office, government maps and other sources. While LandQuest® does not guarantee the information, we believe it to be accurate, but should not be relied upon without verification. This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement.