Farmland with potential development opportunities. This 160-acre parcel located within close proximity of the city limits of Calgary. Whether you are looking to expand your current farming operation or hold for development as the city grows, this property offers the best of both worlds.
Ideally situated quarter section located just 2 miles from the Calgary City Limits, and a short drive to Cross Iron Mills Mall. This property consists of fully developed 4,500 ft2 home offering great mountain views, a 40' x 80' x 18' hay barn, livestock shelter, corral, and various outbuildings. The 1980 home is solidly built and lends itself well to many different options including a separate self-contained suite.
Approximately 130 acres are currently in cultivation with approximately 25 acres in pasture. Surrounding the home is a large garden with a 12' x 18' heated greenhouse on concrete foundation. The oversized attached garage is heated for winter projects. A 195 ft well on property produces 9 gpm of good quality water. The location of this property is prime for future development opportunities with the ability to offer an income while you wait.
20015 TWP Rd 264 - Rocky View County, Alberta
Rocky View County is a municipal district in southern Alberta that is named for its views of the nearby Rocky Mountains to the west. It surrounds most of Calgary, forming the city's northern boundary and most of the city's western and eastern boundaries. At a population of 41,028 in 2021, Rocky View County is the most populous municipal district in Alberta.
Hunting, fishing, various recreation activities with the City of Airdrie and City of Calgary.
In 1875 a North-West Mounted Police (later Royal Canadian Mounted Police) post known unofficially as Fort Brisebois was founded on the site of present-day Calgary. The following year it was officially named Fort Calgary for a town on the Scottish island of Mull. The main duty of the police was to bring order to the illegal whiskey trade in the region. In 1877 the British and Canadian governments signed a peace agreement with a number of First Nations peoples, and the region rapidly converted to a cattle ranching frontier.
Calgary’s growth and development were more directly related, however, to its selection as one of the stops along the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), Canada’s first nationwide railway. It linked Calgary to central and eastern Canada (1883) and to Vancouver (1886) on the west coast.
With its farming community and railway connections in place, it was not long before Calgary became the main shipping centre for the cattle industry, with stockyards (some of them owned by the CPR), slaughterhouses, tanneries, and meat-processing plants. These early commercial and industrial ventures gained Calgary a lasting reputation as a “cow town.” By the early 1900s other rail lines radiated from Calgary, including a connection to the Canadian National Railway, solidifying its position as a provincial transportation centre.
51°14'15.67"N and 114° 8'49.51"W
Hydro, natural gas, cable, septic, drilled well
W. of (meridian) 5, Range 02, Section 24, Part NE ¼, Township 26
Our property descriptions and geographical information are taken from the BC Assessment Authority, Land Titles Office, government maps and other sources. While LandQuest® does not guarantee the information, we believe it to be accurate, but should not be relied upon without verification. This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement.