Whitecourt, Alberta - Presenting a lovingly maintained log cabin right out of “Better Homes & Garden” with all the modern conveniences, nestled in the middle of 158 wooded acres. All services in place.
Well built very classy 26-year-old 480 ft2 log cabin. This 158-acre setting is very private and serene. A beautifully hand crafted 1 bedroom, one bath log home that is complete with a wood stove or forced air heat. Services include a drilled well, natural gas and power. With new updates this year to flooring, the kitchen, bathroom, and exterior decks. Exterior buildings include a wood shed and enclosed garden shed. A wide gravel driveway provides access to the cabin. The area abounds with native wildlife and the uninhabited Public Lands of approximately 77,000 acres are adjacent.
Just 11 kilometres south of thriving Whitecourt Alberta in Woodlands County. The provincial capital of Edmonton can be reached in under two hours.
From the business section of Whitecourt on Highway 43 head southeast for 2 km and turn right and the immediately left on Range Road 115B after several hundred meters turn due south on Range Road 115 and follow it for 4.5 km after the large curve turn left on Range Road 120 and at app.4.8 km the driveway is to the left by a Royal LePage sign. You have arrived at 583013 RANGE ROAD 120.
Whitecourt is a town of in Northern Alberta with a population of 10,000 and surrounded by Woodlands County. It is approximately 177 km (110 mi) northwest of Edmonton and 279 km (173 mi) southeast of Grande Prairie at the junction of Highway 43 and Highway 32. It has an elevation of 690 m (2,260 ft.)
Whitecourt is also located at the confluence of four waterways - the Athabasca River, McLeod River, Sakwatamau River and Beaver Creek. A Canadian National rail line runs through the town.
The Town has branded itself as the Snowmobile Capital of Alberta and its motto is Let's Go.... The Whitecourt meteor impact crater is found on nearby Whitecourt Mountain.
The community was formed in the place known by the Cree as Sagitawah (the place where the rivers meet). While the first Hudson's Bay Company trading post was established in 1897, the first permanent resident on the present day town site was John Goodwin, who settled there in 1905. In 1910, with the expansion of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway, immigrants were encouraged by Premier Arthur Lewis Sifton to settle in the vast scarcely inhabited area between Edmonton and the Peace River Country. The name "Whitecourt" was chosen in 1910 by Walter White, the postmaster of the young community. White was the son-in-law of former Kansas governor John W. Leedy who also settled in the community.
See mapping Tab
54° 1'25.14"N & 115°37'40.70"W
Power, Natural Gas, Drilled Well, Wood Burning Stove, cell service & Starlink is available.
A2 - AGRICULTURAL TWO DISTRICT
Our property descriptions and geographical information are taken from the BC Assessment Authority, Land Titles Office, government maps and other sources. While LandQuest® does not guarantee the information, we believe it to be accurate, but should not be relied upon without verification. This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement.