This 2 acre lake view/seasonal lake shore property is your chance for affordable land in Rose Lake Community in the Lakes District. Rose Lake levels access may be possible at low levels with small craft. Under a half hour to Burns Lake.
Located at Rose Lake, 25 km west of Burns Lake, this 2 acre parcel is affordable and ready for your ideas. The property fronts onto a marsh area that is seasonal lake shore. Access to the lake with small craft might be possible from the property. A building site sits atop an elevated area for views of Rose Lake. There is plenty of flat land alongside the road for a shop and RV parking. The nearest power pole is about 160 m away along the main road.
Rose Lake Cut Off Road close to Highway 16. Two lots west of 16403 Rose Lake Cut Off Road.
From Burns Lake drive north west for 26.5 km. Turn left onto Rose Lake Cut Off Road. The property is 200 m on your left.
The Lakes District of Northern BC embraces over 300 wilderness fishing lakes and 3,000 miles of pristine lake shoreline. This district extends from the Stikine Mountains in the west to the Omineca Mountain Range in the east. Bordered by Ootsa Lake in the south, the Lakes District extends north to Babine Lake. The Nechako Reservoir, sometimes called the Ootsa Lake Reservoir, was one of the largest reservoirs built in Canada. Ootsa Lake is the largest of the original lakes.
Burns Lake, approximately 27 kilometres southeast of the Rose Lake has a population of approx. 2,800. This town serves the surrounding 8,000 residents of the Regional District of Bulkley Nechako and is a hub for the local logging, saw-milling, mining and tourist industries. It also serves as the main commercial centre for the surrounding areas. Burns Lake has extensive health support with a recently constructed hospital.
The average winter snowfall is approximately 190 cm. In June 1982, Burns Lake recorded 376.5 hours of sunshine. This sunshine is highest ever recorded in British Columbia during June. The warmest month is July, with an average high of 21˚C. The coldest month is January with an average low of -15.3˚C.
Major commercial airlines fly into Smithers Airport, which is 143 km west of Burns Lake, as well as International Prince George Airport, 237 km east of Burns Lake. Via Rail Canada passes through Burns Lake, and a free ferry frequently operates across Francois Lake.
The entire area known as the Lakes District is famous for its excellent fishing and game. There are several resorts throughout this area offer boating, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, camping, cross-country skiing, and many other activities. This area is well known for its hunting and wildlife watching opportunities. Black, cinnamon, and grizzly bears, deer, moose, wolves, coyotes, and eagles can often be sighted.
Nearby Francois Lake is approx. 110 km (68 miles) long, making it the second-largest natural lake in British Columbia. It offers excellent rainbow trout and char fishing. Rainbow trout up to 5 and 6 pounds and lake trout (char) to 15 pounds are not uncommon. The entire area known as the Lakes District is famous for its excellent fishing and game. Several resorts throughout this area offer boating, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, camping, cross-country skiing, and many other activities.
Ootsa Lake is a human-made lake created by the flooding of the Ootsa Lake region in the 1950s. It is a beautiful large lake that offers some of the best boating in the province of BC. This vast reservoir links together many lakes, including Tahtsa, Whitesail and Natalkuz, popular destinations for anglers from all over the world. These waters can yield spectacular results for large rainbow and giant lake char. Reportedly rainbow trout up to 15 pounds have been caught in Ootsa Lake. These lakes attract wildlife of many species and provide excellent opportunities for hunting and wildlife photography.
Ootsa Lake forms the northern border of North Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, one of the most scenic provincial parks in the province, is also the largest provincial park in BC. Tweedsmuir Provincial Park appeals primarily to outdoor recreationists interested in boating, angling, camping, hiking, or hunting in one of North America’s most magnificent wilderness areas. Outdoor recreation opportunities are almost unlimited. The park is only accessible by air, water, on foot, or horseback and provides conservation for vegetation, wildlife and wilderness. Parts of the park are open to hunting in the fall.
Burns Lake and the Francois Lake area’s first inhabitants were the Carrier First Nations communities that spanned much of the Lakes District and beyond. Burns itself began as a small rest stop for travellers on their way to the Yukon Gold Rush. Many of these travellers saw an opportunity in the rich forestry, fur, and mining opportunities in Burns Lake and the surrounding area.
Burns Lake acquired its name after Michael Byrnes, who was an explorer for the Collins Overland Telegraph. Byrnes passed Burns Lake in about 1866 while surveying a route from Fort Fraser to Hagwilget. Research suggests that Byrnes was also a miner during the Cariboo Gold Rush and had staked a claim on William’s Creek earlier in 1861. On an 1866 trail map of the area, the name 'Byrnes' Lake appears. After 1876 the charts renamed it Burns Lake.
Bob Gerow, one of the principal founders of Burns Lake, in partnership with Jack Seely and Howard Laidlaw created Burns Lake Trading Company. Together, they built a store/hotel and sawmill on Gerow Island (a small island on Burns Lake), which become the hub of trade for the surrounding area. The Island connected with a bridge to the mainland, and the Village incorporated on December 6, 1923. The town continued to grow throughout the 20th century. Its current industries have become forestry and tourism, though many workers commute to jobs in the mining industry.
Several historic buildings still stand, including The Old Hospital. It was built in 1933 by the Women's Missionary Society of the United Church of Canada. Once the most significant and beautiful public buildings between Prince George and Prince Rupert, it was famous for its elegant gardens. Later is was occupied by a senior citizen apartment complex, then declared a heritage building in 1982 and redeveloped as an office building by its owner, the Burns Lake Native Development Corporation.
54°23'59.88"N and 126° 1'50.66"W
Power and telephone about 160 m away. Septic and well required.
LOT 2 DISTRICT LOT 3536 RANGE 5 COAST DISTRICT PLAN 11954
Our property descriptions and geographical information are taken from the BC Assessment Authority, Land Titles Office, government maps and other sources. While LandQuest® does not guarantee the information, we believe it to be accurate, but should not be relied upon without verification. This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement.