This is a very productive gravel source where an investor could make considerable returns through a lease agreement with owners. Located in a very strong economic region of the province, this gravel pit sits on 217 acres and the owners have an approved mining permit.
Please Contact for Lease Rates or Sale Price.
Excellent investment opportunity to lease a productive gravel mine in the Pink Mountain region of British Columbia. The mine sits on 217 acres and has a 12-phase 47 acre mining permit already in place. The mining permit may be amended to include all 217 acres on the property.
Radar scans have stated that this property contains a minimum of 3,000,000 m3 of aggregate deposits with depths of 18 metres in specific areas based on the radar scan performed.
Previous aggregate extractions, on 16 acres of the property, have produced substantial quantities of oversized rocks at depths of 38 ft and without striking bedrock. The radar scan was performed after a professional survey of over 34,000 m3 of aggregate stock piles were produced on the aforementioned 16-acre parcel.
The aggregate property’s coordinates are 57.021969 -122.833618. Mapping photos, included with this ad, contain corresponding lines of the radar scan on the aggregate property. Lines 85, 86, 87 were done on the pit floor after 21 feet of aggregate excavations. An additional 7 metres of aggregate were detected on these lines.
The gravel mine is available as a lease to both investors and industry. The owners are also willing to sell the entire property at an agreed price as well.
The property is located in the Pink Mountain Region of British Columbia off of the Mile 147 Road.
The property can be accessed by heading west on Mile 147 Road off of the 97 (Alaska Highway). Proceed along Mile 147 Road for approximately 19 km at which point you will have reached the property and the gravel mine.
The Peace River region of British Columbia lays claim as the most robust and diverse economic region of the province outside of the Lower Mainland. The regional GDP has exceeded $6.6 billion over the last several years and employment opportunities abound.
The region contains vast supplies of natural gas. It is estimated that northeast British Columbia holds more than 2,933 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. This resource provides significant economic opportunity, as global companies invest in resource extraction and infrastructure to transport the region’s various petroleum products to market.
The region also possesses 40% of the cumulative provincial ALR lands in British Columbia. This makes the region a mecca when it comes to farming, ranching and outdoor recreational pursuits. Cattle ranching continues to dominate much of the Peace River region’s rural landscape with the area possessing over 60,000 head of cattle and accounting for over 22% of the provincial total. This is a testament to the quality grazing conditions throughout the region.
The region’s annual average temperature rests between -2.9 to 2 degrees Celsius and the region receives approximately 330-570 mm of annual precipitation. The area possesses rich, fertile soil and produces more wheat, barley and grass seed than any other region of the province.
The city of Fort St. John is the most populace municipality in the Peace River Region with a population of 20,155. The oil and gas sector continues to be the primary economic driver of the municipality with over 15% of Fort St. John residents employed directly in the industry. Most regionally active oil/gas exploration, production and servicing companies have offices located in Fort St. John, which serve to boost other businesses particularly those in the service sector.
Fort St. John is rich in history and discovery. For instance at Charlie Lake Cave, located 7 kilometres north of Fort St. John, archaeologists have uncovered artifacts from a Paleo-Indian settlement that was active there more than 10,500 years ago.
It is also interesting to note that Fort St. John is the oldest non-native settlement in British Columbia. The town was first built in 1794 when it was called Rocky Mountain House. It was a staging point from which further incursions into Northern BC could take place. It was the Second World War which was responsible for expanding the infrastructure through the Fort St. John region with the construction of the Alaskan-Canada Highway.
In 1951 the region gained fame, as a major producer of oil and gas in British Columbia. In that year the "Fort St. John No. 1" well hit gas at a depth of 1,524 metres. A few months later, in January 1952, the first deep well hit gas at 4,418 metres. Drilled on the Bouffioux Farm, that well is still producing today. Transportation/infrastructure improved at a rapid rate after that. In 1952, the Hart Highway finally connected the region to the rest of British Columbia, and in 1958 the Pacific Great Eastern Railway arrived in Fort St. John. That ease of transportation has allowed the region's agricultural and forest industries to compete in distant markets.
57° 1'13.98"N and 122°50'8.85"W
DL 1948 Peace River District except part subdivided by Plan BCP9991
Our property descriptions and geographical information are taken from the BC Assessment Authority, Land Titles Office, government maps and other sources. While LandQuest® does not guarantee the information, we believe it to be accurate, but should not be relied upon without verification. This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement.