3 separate private affordable acreages starting at $249,000. Ranging from 27 to 37 acres. Spectacular views of the city, mountains & Kettle River Valley. Good access, power & drilled well. Great climate for gardening & self-sufficient living. Only 2 mins to town.
These lot sales are contingent on final subdivision approval. The only item remaining for the subdivision to be completed is a drill well to be installed on each lot. It is expected that this will be complete by mid-May 2021.
Please refer to the mapping section to view the subdivision plan and additional mapping.
Located only two minutes from downtown Grand Forks these 3 spacious lots have spectacular views over the city of Grand Forks to the east and south over the Kettle River Valley. Each lot will be sold with good year-round access, power to the lot line and a drilled well. The climate in this area is warm and sunny in the exposure of the property is mostly south facing so the opportunity for gardening and self-sufficient living is excellent. You'll also enjoy all the modern amenities offered by the town right on your doorstep. These lots have been logged with the majority of the timber taken off Lot A.
30.14 acres in size this lot has some flatter sections located directly off the end of the first switchback turn on Hardy Mountain Road that would be the logical location for level access into a building site. These flatter sections on the acreage are located towards the southeast corner of the parcel.
37.06 acres in size, Lot A is the parcel located the farthest up the Hardy Mountain at the top of the hill. Although this lot received the majority of the recent logging, it's likely the most desirable lot of the three, being the largest of the three lots and having the most flat usable land. This lot has spectacular views to both the east and south. Could be transformed into your perfect private hobby farm or back to nature retreat.
26.93 acres in size, this lot has several steeper sections with the most logical level access for driveway and building site coming into this lot from the north end. This lot is the most frontage along Hardy Mountain Road of the three lots.
This area has some rich history. The Hardy Mountain Doukhobor Village located nearby is a property containing what remains of the historic Makortoff Doukhobor Village. Built on a knoll overlooking the junction of the Kettle and Granby River valleys, the village is located one kilometer west of Grand Forks. The main village house was constructed in 1912. All of the large communal homes built by the Doukhobor people in the Kootenay-Boundary region of BC are based on the same traditional design brought with them to Canada in 1899.
Call the listing REALTOR® today for more information or to book a time to go by for a look.
Hardy Mountain Road - Located 3 km west from Downtown Grand Forks.
Grand Forks, population 4,049, is a city in the Boundary Country of the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. It is located at the confluence of the Granby River and Kettle River, a tributary of the Columbia. The city is just north of the US-Canada border, approximately 500 km from Vancouver, 200 km from Kelowna and 23 km west of the resort area of Christina Lake by road.
Grand Forks experiences a humid continental climate (Köppen climate classification Dfb) with a similar climate to the Okanagan Valley just to the west. However, the boundary area usually receives slightly colder and snowier winters and slightly hotter summer temperatures, due to being away from any lakes. Daytime highs during the summer often top 30°C and surpass 40°C at least once every ten years. Night temperatures fall rapidly in the summer. Winter temperatures are moderately (seldom severely) cold, but definitely mild by Canadian standards. Some years may see only a few light snowfalls and intermittent snow cover, whereas others receive several large snowstorms and snow cover from December to March. Precipitation is higher than many other drier Southern Interior locations, but still fairly low.
The primary vegetation in the Grand Forks area indicates a drier climate with sagebrush, prickly pear cactus, Ponderosa pine and Douglas fir on south facing slopes. More mountainous species such as lodgepole pine, western larch and Englemann spruce can be found in shady areas and places near the Kettle River.
The history of Grand Forks is closely tied to the mining and railroad boom of the 1890s and early 1900s. The original settlers came for the rich farmland and stayed on as the industrial era took over, including three railroads, mines, smelters and power plants.
Following the town site survey in 1895, a large number of wood frame buildings were constructed. A fire in 1908 and another in 1911 virtually wiped out the original downtown core of Grand Forks; however, business was booming and many of the commercial buildings were rebuilt. The oldest and only original building on Market Ave is Andy’s TV, unchanged since its construction, except for more modern display windows. Many of Grand Forks’ historic homes remain, as do a number of commercial and industrial sites. The slag piles, remnants of the days of the smelter, can be seen just a short distance from town.
In 1897 the City of Grand Forks was incorporated under the Speedy Incorporation Act, with John Manly as the first mayor. His home, and many of the early city officials’ homes, are listed in the Boundary Museum’s Heritage Walking Tour brochure.
The CPR built the first railroad into the Boundary Country in 1899. The station, the oldest CPR station in BC still in its original location, is located in West Grand Forks, in what was originally the City of Columbia. There was intense competition between the two cities, for both wanted to be the commercial and railroad centre of the valley. In 1903 the two cities amalgamated. The name Grand Forks was chosen to represent the confluence of the Kettle and North Kettle (Granby) Rivers.
The City of Grand Forks had its own water and electrical system as early as 1898 and was also connected to the outside world by telephone. The population, which started with just a few farmers, continued to grow. The population in 1896 was 200 and had reached 1,000 by 1899. Today, the city’s population is over 4,000.
Please see mapping section - all boundaries are approximate.
49° 1'57.92"N and 118°30'13.58"W
To be determined upon completion of the subdivision.
The legal description below is for the property that is currently being subdivided into 3 lots:
DISTRICT LOT 538 SIMILKAMEEN DIVISION YALE DISTRICT EXCEPT PLAN 2899
Our property descriptions and geographical information are taken from the BC Assessment Authority, Land Titles Office, government maps and other sources. While LandQuest® does not guarantee the information, we believe it to be accurate, but should not be relied upon without verification. This communication is not intended to cause or induce breach of an existing agency agreement.